Science, intellectual history, cultural criticism, all put together in a compelling read: The Shallows is one of my most-recommended books. If you think at all about how the internet is changing us – and you should – then read this work by Nicholas Carr. Our reading habits, our ability to comprehend concepts, our relationships, our very ways of making sense of the world – all are being shaped by our use of this tool. I am a teacher, a parent, a huge reader of books – the shelf and paper kind – and I also love the internet, so this was a must read. Do yourself a favor.
- No More Superwomen – Why I’m Not Cheering for Buffy Wicks
- Open Letter to Sarasota County and the City of Sarasota
- Join me Wednesday 9:30 AM WSLR 96.5
- Join Me Tuesday July 14!
- TWE Film Festival
- Why on earth is climate change a gender issue?
- What DO You Say?
- Ringling College: Osher Lifelong Learning Institute