By award-winning Belgian author David van Reybrouck, first published in Dutch in 2010 but now available in English, Congo is a fantastic addition to the library of any Africa watcher. Over the years I’ve read whatever Congo/Zaire related books I could get my hands on in English, and now I’m thoroughly immersed in this new telling. Super for those looking for an introduction to the country as well as a mini-lesson about much of the African story over the last century.
- No More Superwomen – Why I’m Not Cheering for Buffy Wicks
- Open Letter to Sarasota County and the City of Sarasota
- Join me Wednesday 9:30 AM WSLR 96.5
- Join Me Tuesday July 14!
- TWE Film Festival
- Why on earth is climate change a gender issue?
- What DO You Say?
- Ringling College: Osher Lifelong Learning Institute