Science, intellectual history, cultural criticism, all put together in a compelling read: The Shallows is one of my most-recommended books. If you think at all about how the internet is changing us – and you should – then read this work by Nicholas Carr. Our reading habits, our ability to comprehend concepts, our relationships, our very ways of making sense of the world – all are being shaped by our use of this tool. I am a teacher, a parent, a huge reader of books – the shelf and paper kind – and I also love the internet, so this was a must read. Do yourself a favor.
- Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) 2019
- Through Women’s Eyes International Film Festival (TWE) 2019
- St Petersburg World Affairs Conference
- March 8 – International Women’s Day Celebration
- Panic Buttons, Technology, and Women in India
- Speaking: St Pete Conference on World Affairs
- #MeToo 2019 – Bookstore1